The SCF Program (Strength, Conditioning, and Fitness) is our premiere group training program. SCF combines the various elements of fitness into a brutally effective group class that can be modified for any level. Those modifications allow everyone from the out of shape beginner with injuries to those in their prime to reach their goals.
SCF is designed to maximize the 10 elements of fitness in a group setting. Our program combines different methodologies that have been proven to be the most effective. From the old Soviet training systems that dominated the Olympics during the Cold War to modern movements like CrossFit, and athletic/sports training, we combine the most useful methods to create a training system for optimal health and fitness.
We begin with the premise that a wide base of strength and general fitness are needed for everything from athletic performance to everyday life. The SCF strength program is unmatched in its ability to vastly improve the strength of everyone from beginners to advanced athletes. The movements and schemes are modified for each person to maximize their genetic potential. Next we choose from hundreds of special exercises to address weaknesses throughout the body. It is our belief that every person should be well rounded and there should be “no weak links in the chain”. Our program is planned over weeks and months to ensure that each person is progressing toward their needed baseline of strength. The strength program will build lean muscle; reduce the risk of injury from everyday activity, hobbies, sports, and physical training. We have found that clients with a long history of chronic knee, back, shoulder, or other injuries are able to perform in a manner they never thought possible as those chronic problems become a distant memory.
The program will also heavily emphasize various cardiovascular training methods to increase overall fitness. We utilize everything from bodyweight movements like push-ups and lunges to kettlebells, jump ropes, sleds, tires, and countless other objects in an unlimited variation of movements to challenge you daily. You will see a marked increase in energy levels, metabolism, hormonal response, and recovery ability. In addition, the benefits for heart health are immeasurable. Finally, your ability to drop weight and stay lean through a well-balanced diet will be maximized.
If your goal is to be stronger and leaner with increased health and happiness then this is the perfect program for you.
The ten elements of fitness trained in the SCF Program
1. Cardiovascular / respiratory endurance – The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina – The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply force.
4. Flexibility – The ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum time.
6. Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility – The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.